Deliverables Assistant Editor (Bronx)
Compensation: $81,760.00 - $143,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: Deliverables Assistant Editor
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Head of Production
About the position:
The Deliverables Assistant Editor is responsible for the accurate and timely output of deliverable files per work order specifications.
What You'll Do:
- Follow and implement streamlined workflows as defined by the job/customer
- Ingest, consolidate, edit, output, export or distribute media
- Create UHD/HDR/HD/SD broadcast masters or proxy files
- Capture and transcode media from tape-based formats (HDCam SRW, etc.)
- Prepare head formats, slates and tail formats per specifications
- Create and distribute the following, as required:
-J2K Mastering/AS-02 packages
-Interoperable Master Format (IMF) packages
-Digital Cinema Packages/Digital Cinema Distribution Masters
- Set up sessions and execute work using patch bay and router system
- Complete all other reasonable duties as assigned by the company
What you'll need:
- 2-4 years experience with Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Transkoder, Fuze/Clipster, MAC Caption and CineX Tools a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Robust data management skills
- Familiarity with offline and online media management storage
- Ability to set up various HD tape formats including XDcam, HDcam SR, DVC Pro
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and frequent overtime
- Decision Making / Problem Solving Identifies an issue and processes relevant information in order to present viable solutions
- Customer Service Focus Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person s experience
- Teamwork Participates actively in a team to improve the Company s effectiveness
- Communication Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
- Innovation Develops new ways and adapts existing products or processes to help achieve the company Mission and Vision
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide service delivery
- Accountability Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for oversight
- Stress Tolerance Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
Our Work Environment:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
- Some exposure to physical risk
Perks you ll receive:
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards
- Growth opportunities and a career, not just a job
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Associated topics: columnist, comedy writer, content writer, freelance, proofread, publishing, reporter, romance, syfy, writer editor
Associated topics: article, composer, compositor, editorial, newsgathering, proofread, screenwriter, text, web, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...