Pharmacy Liaison- Montefiore Medical Center (Spanish speaking preferred)
Compensation: $120,440.00 - $159,620.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
As the first and largest specialty pharmacy integrator and accelerator, Shields Health Solutions is the industry leader in providing innovative and comprehensive care for the nation's chronically ill patient population. Shields builds and manages hospital-owned specialty pharmacies for hospitals and health systems who want to offer coordinated care services for patients with chronic illnesses. Using an integrated approach to patient care through our purpose built software platform, TelemetryRx, our Patient Liaison model, and our back-end clinical support team, Shields is redefining what it means to provide superior, fully-integrated patient care from clinic to pharmacy to patient's homes. Our innovative model and proven results in such a unique industry have led us to be one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the nation with an immense impact on patients' lives.
The Company is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for a challenging career with a fast-growing company in the specialty pharmacy management services. We are seeking experienced pharmacy technicians. Nationally certified as a CPhT is preferred but not required. Critical to this position is a person who is able to work independently and establish strong and credible relationships with patients, clinicians and internal Shields staff. Applicants should be results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high patient quality and service. Detail orientation and strong administrative/organization skills are required. Mature, approachable, professional and comfortable in dealing with others both in-person and on the phone. Applicant must be reliable, tolerant, and determined; an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Most importantly, person must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team.
Provides integrated support to patients and pharmacists by providing a 'hands-on" approach to total quality patient care. Works closely with patients to deliver a full continuum of medication adherence support by utilizing our various tools and applications. Encourages patients of specialty clinics to utilize pharmacy to fully benefit from its superior patient care services. Given that the Pharmacy Liaison will be located in one of the medical center clinics, seamlessly integrating with the clinic team (doctors, nurses, staff, etc.) is critical to the liaison's success.
- Provide "legendary" care to hospital patients by providing a full suite of custom medication management services
- As a member of the clinic team, work seamlessly alongside hospital clinicians to serve patients both face-to-face and over the phone
- Educate prospective pharmacy patients on how hospital serves patients and improves their overall care;
- Support outpatient retail and specialty prescription medication needs;
- Grow the specialty pharmacies patient population
- Ensure that patients remain on track with medication regimens- outbound therapy/medication adherence check-ups; secures refill prescriptions, etc;
- Communicate effectively with the centralized Patient Service Center with respect to such communications as: the refill report, the zero-fill report, the monthly outstanding report and the appointment list;
- Help develop new processes to ensure smooth operations and patient care;
- Identify medications requiring special storage and/or handling such as hazardous medications and/or refrigerated medication;
- Identify supplies necessary for select medications such sharps containers, needles/syringes, alcohol swabs, Band-Aids;
- Answer, resolve and triage inbound inquiries;
- Perform refill reminder calls under the supervision of a pharmacist;
- Resolve insurance related issues, including prior authorizations (PAs), and assist patients with various forms of financial assistance;
- Ensure appropriate documentation in all required systems/tracking mechanisms;
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications;
- Apply observations and recommendations to operational issues, increased productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
- Identify trends, resolves problems; recommend improvements; implement change;
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives;
- Act as a value-added business partner to stakeholders throughout the organization;
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Willing to do whatever is necessary for the betterment of the Company;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Required Licensure/Certification: Nationally certified as a CPhT is preferred but not required
- Years of Experience: Required 3-5 years, Preferred 5-8 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- Skills: strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgement, strong verbal and written communication, highly proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word; able to quickly learn other software programs and able to extract relevant information; strong organizational/administrative skills a must
- Traits: Organized, high-integrity, attention to detail, dependable, quality focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator
- Other: energetic, highly motivated, team player with strong personal and communication skills; discretion and confidentiality essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private data
- Specialties: Knowledge of transplant, hepatitis C, infectious disease (including HIV), and/or oncology a plus
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: cytometry, drug development, food scientist, histology, histotechnologist, immuno oncology, immunology, pharmacology, physiologist, physiology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...