Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Location: Westchester, NY, New York, United States
Requisition ID: 31795
Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Westchester, NY.
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services. Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, Schindler Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of the Switzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks. Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in North America. The company specializes in latest-technology engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known buildings throughout the US, including 4 World Trade Center, the Bank of America Tower and the Marriott Marquis in New York, Cowboys Stadium in Dallas and the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas.
Project Manager - NI
Mobility is the goal
* Follow and accurately manage new installation projects to ensure that projects close-out at the required efficiency and profitability levels
* Review and book projects within one (1) week of award, notifying the Manager if required completion dates cannot be met, and providing action plan and time frame for completion
* Provide approved submittals to Schindler Engineering and/or local vendors following project booking; coordinate and follow up with factory, local vendors and superintendent on the delivery of project material to ensure that all required material is ready prior to project start date
* Interface with the Field Superintendent to track job progress and notify manager if required completion dates cannot be met; provide action plan and time frame for completion
* Seek change notice opportunities; prepare all change order paperwork and forward to the customer in a timely manner; follow up on change orders, received signed change orders from the customer prior to any related work being completed
* Ensure timely invoicing and ensure projects are invoiced and paid to 90% before elevator turn over
* Participate in Company professional development programs to enhance working knowledge of Elevator Company products, services and procedures
Mobility needs you
BS/AS degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Project Management or Finance with prior project management experience
* Minimum 5 years experience in either the elevator industry or in a related building systems industry
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office & Excel
Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...