About the Position
We are looking for a new Senior Staff Accountant to work with us at Issuetrak! Under general direction, the Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for the creation of preliminary financial statements, maintenance of general ledger accounts, A/P and A/R processing, and reconciliation of all asset, liability, equity, revenue, and expense accounts. You will be responsible for maintaining our day-to-day and month-end accounting activities.
What Youll Be Doing
In this position, your key tasks will include the following:
- Taking responsibility for the day to day recording of all financial transactions into the accounting software, including, but not limited to, sales and vendor invoices, credit card transactions, cash receipts, cash disbursements and other transactions.
- Overseeing, managing, and supporting all activities of accounting and finance operations.
- Analyzing financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital for accuracy.
- Performing reconciliation of all revenue and expense of general ledger accounts as necessary.
- Taking responsibility for filing Federal and State Estimated Taxes, as well as Personal Property Tax Return and ST9 State Sales and Use Tax.
- Creating and E-Filing W2 and W3s for Short Term Disability.
- Recording end-of-month payroll entry and payroll tax entry, and ensuring the accuracy of the upload.
- Reconciling all benefit invoices and ensuring they are entered accurately in QuickBooks.
- Taking responsibility for responding to internal and external account change requests.
- Developing and maintaining systems to ensure expenses are properly recorded and matched with revenue.
- Using business management and accounting systems software, as well as accounting control procedures, to ensure financial records are maintained in proper compliance with GAAP and all regulatory requirements.
- Preparing balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and other reports as required by company management on a weekly, monthly, annually, and as-needed basis.
- Completing monthly close within 3-7 business days of month-end.
- Taking responsibility for accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and other assets and liabilities. Taking responsibility for the maintenance of subsidiary ledgers and balances as well.
- Reviewing all financial statements for accuracy and making adjustments as necessary.
- Making accounts receivable calls to customers to resolve any collection and/or billing issues.
- Assisting outside accounting and/or regulatory staff with end-of-year or as-needed financial review and reporting.
- Preparing and calculating commission reports on a monthly basis.
- Providing daily sales reports and cash reports to the CEO, CFO and Director of Operations.
- Taking responsibility for reconciling all bank accounts and company credit cards monthly.
- Accruing for any outstanding expenses on a monthly basis, and ensuring all entries reverse and tie to the GL.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
Were looking for a professional, service-oriented individual to take on these tasks. These are the qualifications we want to see in our ideal candidate:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- High level of professionalism.
- Friendly and positive personality.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team as needed.
- The ability to effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with month-end closing processes and bank reconciliations.
- The ability to transition from strategic thinking to operational work.
Desired Job Requirements
Were interested in candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Excellent mathematical, computational, and analytical skills.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all of our employees! As an Issuetrak employee, youll enjoy the following:
- A generous PTO package
- 12 paid holidays
- A day off for your birthday
- Time off for volunteering
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401k
- Flex schedules available
Issuetrak is a growing, successful software company based in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We have over 27 years of experience in successfully developing issue tracking and process management software for companies of all sizes. Were a customer-centric company with a dedicated vision of creating robust and versatile software solutions for our customers.
At Issuetrak, were excited about what we doall of us, no matter what our role. We collaborate and openly communicate ideas and happenings. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment where their voices are heard and their contributions are recognized. We take care of our team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. And weve been voted one of the best places to work in Hampton Roads!
If you share our vision for providing great customer experiences at an exciting, growing software company, wed love to speak with you!