Director of Prospect Development
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Directs, plans, organizes and evaluates the staff and activities for prospect identification, research, analysis, and management. Responsible for the implementation of strategies to support Development goals. Serves as the principal authority on prospect research, philanthropic trends, and patterns of wealth and industry. Manages and implements prospect management and tracking system. Plans, organizes, coordinates and implements prospect research programs, policies and goals to ensure the organization has adequate prospect information to achieve its fundraising objectives.
- Develops short and long-term strategic plans for prospect development and research that align with fundraising priorities. Plans, implements and manages strategies to identify, rate, assign and track prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $50,000 or more.
- Monitors progress toward fundraising goals to anticipate future needs, designs and implements new tactics to guide fundraising priorities and needs. Oversees the research and analysis of prospects and the development of research profiles.
- Develops policies to ensure data collection and use conforms to ethical principles, confidentiality requirements, HIPAA regulations and public information laws.
- Manages the assignment of newly identified prospects and ensures major and principal gift activity is coordinated and prospects are moved successfully through the fundraising cycle.
- Initiates and manages efforts to develop prospect pools and to provide strategic information on individuals, corporations and foundations to development officers and senior leadership.
- Develops and implements proactive strategies for discovering new sources of funding for priority initiatives. Develops systems and processes to ensure these prospects are actively moved through the cultivation process. Meets regularly with development officers to assess core priorities.
- Develops and implements policies and standards for donor/prospect research projects with the primary focus on major and principal gifts.
- Serves as the primary resource for prospect clearance and management for cultivation and solicitation of major and principal gift prospects.
- Prepares annual strategic business plan and budget for incorporation into the overall Development operating plan and budget.
- Trains staff in research methodology and most efficient and economical means to utilize resources.
- Provides consultation to development officers to assemble a comprehensive prospect portfolio for approved campaigns and initiatives and ensure an adequate number of capable, likely prospects to support fundraising priorities.
- Leads data acquisition strategies related to prospect ratings, wealth, and other useful data such as social data and employment details
- Participates at an appropriate level in professional associations such as APRA, AHP and/or CASE in order to increase knowledge and skills and stay abreast of industry trends and concerns; maintains a professional network of peers as a conduit for ideas, feedback and support.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- This position reports to the Senior Executive Director.
- This position will collaborate and work with development colleagues across campuses.
- Bachelor s degree required. Master s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in prospect management, research and analysis, required.
- Knowledge of broad philanthropic areas and market trends.
- Advanced prospect research skills and experience using complex and sophisticated electronic databases, i.e. Lexis-Nexis, Dun and Bradstreet, as well as advanced internet search techniques.
- Capacity to apply statistical techniques to prospect data via regression modeling and other strategies is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and public information laws and regulations, including HIPAA and FERPA.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Raiser s Edge, required.
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.Einstein s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art hospital without beds , a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein s clinical faculty and training Einstein s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Associated topics: analyst, community, demand generation, fundraise, lead generation, presale, relationship, social media, stewardship, twitter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...